Laser Cavity Detection/Diagnodent
What is DIAGNOdent and how does it work?
Diagnodent is a major breakthrough that allows the dentists at Lakeville Dental to detect tooth decay that x-rays cannot see. We can now locate hidden decay in it's earliest stage, and with treatment stop the spread of the disease before it destroys the tooth from within.
- DIAGNOdent uses laser technology as an aid to detect and quantify hidden or sub-surface cavities by measuring laser fluorescence within the tooth structure.
- The device operates at a wavelength of 655 nm. At this specific wavelength, clean healthy tooth structure exhibits little or no fluorescence, resulting in very low scale readings on the display.
- Altered tooth substances and bacteria, including caries, will fluoresce. The DIAGNOdent will react with elevated scale readings on the display.
- An audio tone allows the operator to hear changes in the scale values.
- The DIAGNOdent is an extremely accurate, reliable and non-invasive method to aid in cavity detection.
Recently FDA approved, this amazing laser cavity finder instantly and accurately finds cavities in areas x-rays rarely see and the dental pick misses 76% of the time!
Contact our office for more information about Laser Cavity Detection/Diagnodent