Wearing Your Aligners
- Aligner Placement: Use your fingers to place the aligner over your front teeth and gently push the aligner down over your molars. At first, the aligners may feel tight, but that will ease as you continue to wear them. Wear your aligners at all times except when flossing, brushing, and eating.
- Aligner Removal: Gently pull the aligner off both sides of your back teeth at the same time and then lift the aligner off your teeth. We recommend removing the aligners when drinking warm beverages such as coffee or tea to avoid warping. When you are not wearing your aligners, please be sure you put them in the case we provided.
- Brushing and Flossing Your Teeth: To brush and floss your teeth, just remove the aligners and then brush and floss your teeth as usual. We recommend that you brush your teeth at least two times a day and floss at least 0ne time a day. Be sure to clean your aligners to help reduce plaque.
- Eating: Remove your aligners and place them in the their case while eating or drinking hot beverages. Rinse your aligners with water after every meal. Do not chew gum while wearing your aligners.
Caring for Your Aligners
- Cleaning Your Aligners: Brush your aligners with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste to help reduce plaque.We recommend soaking your aligners in Invisalign cleaning crystals to help reduce plaque build-up. Do NOT use denture cleaner, alcohol, or bleach and avoid using warm or hot water on your aligners.
- Protecting Your Aligners: Avoid placing your aligners anywhere that your pets can reach them. Do not place your aligners on your plate or in a napkin while eating to prevent throwing them away. Do not chew gum with your aligners in. We recommend that you refrain from smoking while wearing your aligners to avoid staining the aligner and your teeth.
If you want to see whether Invisalign is a good option for you - or if you would like to learn more - the team at Lakeville Dental can help. Contact us today at 952-469-3300.