What is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry refers to a dental practice that accepts patients of all ages. From children to adults, everyone in the family can go to the same dental practice to receive care. A complete range of services is available, some of which are geared specifically toward children. Our dentists and staff have the necessary training and experience to work with all ages.
Benefits of Family Dentistry
There are many benefits to going to a family dental practice:
- Family atmosphere. A family dental practice provides a family-oriented environment where everyone feels comfortable.
- Save time. You can make routine dental appointments for the whole family on the same date to avoid multiple trips to different dental offices.
- Save money. You won’t waste gas making trips to the dentist on different days for different members of the family in different locations.
- Stay with one dental practice for life. When you take your children to a pediatric dentist, they will eventually need to transition to a dentist that is more appropriate for adults. But a family dental practice can see your child from their first appointment throughout their lifetime. Their entire dental history can be on file in one practice.
- File insurance once. You can file your family’s insurance once at the dentist without having to provide the same information to multiple practices.
We provide the following family dentistry services:
- Dental cleanings. Professional teeth cleanings remove plaque, tartar and calculus left behind after brushing and flossing.
- Oral exams. A comprehensive oral exam includes a thorough evaluation of the teeth and soft tissues of the mouth.
- X-Rays. Digital X-Rays provide insight into the places in the mouth that are impossible to see with the naked eye.
- Dental sealants. A tooth that is at risk for decay may be sealed with resin material.
- Fluoride treatment. Fluoride is a mineral that fortifies tooth enamel. Fluoride treatments are often applied to children’s teeth as well as adults.
- Custom oral appliances. We provide a variety of custom oral appliances including mouthguards for teeth grinding, sports, and sleep apnea.
- Scaling and root planing. Scaling is the process of removing hardened plaque from the teeth that can cause gum disease. Root planing involves smoothing the surface of the tooth roots to prevent plaque from getting between the roots and gums. This combination of procedures can treat and prevent gum disease.
- Root canal treatment. A root canal treats or prevents a tooth infection by removing the pulp from inside the tooth and replacing it with composite material.
- Extractions. We provide tooth extraction for damaged teeth and orthodontic purposes.
- Pediatric dentistry. We are a family dental practice, which means our general dentistry services are also available to children. We provide a full range of dental services for children to give them the best possible start to a lifetime of dental health.
Why Choose Lakeville Dental?
A visit to Lakeville Dental is more like a relaxing day at the spa than a dental appointment. We provide massage chairs, pillows, plush blankets, leg wedges, televisions over every chair and other comforts. Dental anxiety is very real for many patients, and we do everything in our power to help you feel calm and relaxed. Children are often fearful of the dentist, but we establish a positive relationship with children from an early age. Lakeville Dental treats your family like family.