What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening, sometimes referred to bleaching, is the process of whitening teeth using a bleaching agent of some kind, usually carbamide peroxide. Professional teeth whitening we offer at Lakeville Dental is safer and more effective than the products you can buy in the store or order online. You can see dramatic results with just one treatment, however results will vary based on your age and type of tooth discoloration or staining.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Our teeth whitening treatment offers the following benefits:
- Safe. The bleaching agent, carbamide peroxide, is safe for use on tooth surfaces without damaging the enamel. A guard is placed over the gum tissue to protect it from irritation during the bleaching process.
- Effective. Our teeth whitening treatment can provide noticeable results with a single in-office treatment or in a few weeks using the take-home option.
- Lasting results. Your results can last anywhere from 1-3 years or even longer with regular touch-ups at home and good oral hygiene habits.
- Affordable. While professional teeth whitening may cost more than over the counter products, our treatments are effective, preventing the need to constantly purchase more whitening products.
Treatments We Offer
We offer two types of whitening treatment:
- In-office whitening treatment. Our in-office teeth whitening treatment can provide dramatic results in just one appointment. We provide a protective cover for your gums while the bleaching agent works to prevent any irritation. The process is quick and easy.
- Take-home whitening treatment. If you would prefer to whiten your teeth more gradually from the comfort of your own home, we offer take-home whitening treatment. We will create a custom fit tray for you to wear over your teeth when applying the bleaching agent. It is comfortable and provides even distribution for consistent results. You can have noticeably whiter teeth in just a few weeks.
- KöR. We also offer KöR Whitening system which is a versatile and super-effective whitening system that combines at-home and in-office whitening using KöR proprietary delivery system and whitening gels.
Are You a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
If your teeth are primarily healthy but looking dull, stained, or discolored, you are a good candidate for our teeth whitening treatment. This system removes discoloration that occurs over time due to the foods you eat and the beverages you drink. Teeth whitening cannot improve the health of your teeth, but it can make your smile look healthier. If you need any restorative procedures to improve your dental health, those will need to be done first before whitening treatment.
Why Choose Lakeville Dental?
At Lakeville Dental we understand that you want healthy teeth as well as a beautiful smile, which is why we offer teeth whitening treatment in addition to our other dental services. We believe that the health of your teeth is more important overall, and our teeth whitening treatments are as safe as they are effective. The level of comfort we provide in addition to cosmetic dentistry procedures tend to make our office feel more like a spa than a dental practice. Come, sit, relax, and leave with a healthier, more beautiful smile.