What is Dental Technology?
Technology has revolutionized the field of dentistry, in many of the same ways it has in other medical fields. Computer software, digital imaging, technological equipment, and more make it possible for us to provide better dental care for our patients.
Benefits of Technology in Dentistry
The use of technology in dentistry provides many benefits:
- More accurate diagnostics. Technology allows us to diagnose dental and oral problems such as cavities or abnormalities in the earliest stages so that we can more effectively treat them.
- Procedures are safer. Technology allows us to perform procedures using safer methods with better planning and visualization.
- Better quality dental records. Electronic record keeping is another way that technology allows us to provide better dental care. We can protect your privacy and keep more accurate records at the same time.
- Faster recovery. Technology makes dental procedures less invasive, which results in less discomfort and faster recovery for patients.
Forms of Technology We Provide
We use the following technologies in our dental practice:
- iTero Intraoral Scanner. A digital scanner makes it possible to make live images and impressions of the inside of the mouth that are immediately visible on a computer screen for analysis. Learn More
- Digital X-Rays. Digital X-Rays use a fraction of the radiation that is required for film X-Rays and provide clearer images.
- Dental Diode Lasers. The use of dental lasers in procedures minimizes discomfort and bleeding and is a powerful tool for biostimulation and decontamination.
- DigiDoc Intraoral Cameras. An intraoral camera makes it easier for the dentist to see all parts of your mouth. You can also see images and live video of your mouth so you can better understand your diagnosis and treatment.
- The WandⓇ Anesthesia. The WandⓇ is a computer controlled anesthesia device that administers the anesthetic more accurately and precisely to the area.
- Electronic Apex Locator. This technology aids in root canal treatment, allowing the dentist to access the full length of the root canal of the tooth, avoiding the potential need for retreatment.
- Florida Probe. Computerized periodontal probing and charting system that accurately records and documents measurements and other information as part of a periodontal evaluation.
- Digital Flat Screen Monitors. We provide monitors next to every chair so that we can educate our patients on their own diagnosis and treatment.
- Wi-Fi. Take advantage of our free Wi-Fi whenever you come in for appointments.
Why Choose Lakeville Dental?
Technology allows us to provide our patients with the highest quality dental care. We take a modern approach to dentistry, staying up to date with state-of-the-art equipment. We believe that it is our responsibility to incorporate whatever tools are available to improve your experience. Technology allows us to diagnose and treat dental and oral health issues more effectively, all while improving your level of comfort.