What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to dental treatments and procedures that improve the appearance of your teeth. Some cosmetic dentistry procedures also serve a dental/oral health purpose, but the primary goal is to make your smile more aesthetically pleasing.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry offers a variety of benefits:
- Improve your smile. The ultimate goal of cosmetic dentistry is to improve your smile. Cosmetic dental treatments and procedures can whiten your teeth, cover imperfections, straighten your teeth, and even replace missing teeth.
- Feel more confident. A better looking smile can give you confidence you never had before. You can smile more often, feel good about meeting new people, and even advance your career. A smile transformation can be life changing.
- Quick and easy procedures. Cosmetic dentistry procedures can be brief and simple. Just a short time in the dental chair can make vast improvements in your smile.
- Dental and oral health benefits. Some cosmetic procedures also improve the health of your teeth, such as crowns, dental implants, and Invisalign.
We provide the following cosmetic dentistry services:
We offer a range of both in-office and take-home teeth whitening treatments. In-office teeth whitening can be done in just one appointment. For take-home teeth whitening we will design a custom fit tray for you to use at home when you apply the whitening agent. Professional grade teeth whitening is a safe and effective method that provides more dramatic results than over the counter products.
Straighten your teeth discreetly with Invisalign. Clear plastic aligners fit over your teeth and gently shift them into proper alignment.
Veneers are a natural-looking cosmetic treatment that can cover a multitude of smile imperfections including gaps, chips, uneven tooth length, and discolorations.
These thin, shell-like porcelain covers attach to the front side of your teeth to make your smile look like new. Porcelain veneers resemble tooth enamel for a natural look.
Cosmetic bonding can improve the aesthetics of the smile by applying a tooth-colored composite material to correct smile imperfections.
Advantages of bonding:
- Less expensive treatment compared to other cosmetic options
- Faster treatment that typically takes less than one hour to complete
- Preserves the tooth’s natural structure and strength
Cosmetic Services May Also Include:
Are You a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry?
If your teeth are generally healthy but have some aesthetic imperfections, you may be a good candidate for cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry can improve your teeth in a variety of ways, including making them look whiter, straighter, and more uniform. Some cosmetic procedures also serve a restorative purpose to strengthen and protect your teeth. We can perform an oral evaluation to determine whether or not you are an ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry and which procedures would be the most beneficial for you.
Why Choose Lakeville Dental?
Our number one priority at Lakeville Dental is to provide you with a comfortable, relaxing experience while we improve your dental health and aesthetics. If you’ve been wanting to improve your smile but you’re anxious about the procedures required to do so, you’ve come to the right place. We provide a variety of comfort and sedation options for you to make it easier than ever to transform your smile. Now is the time and Lakeville Dental is the place.